Oracle Hyperion Planning
Oracle Hyperion Planning is a centralized, Excel and Web-based planning, budgeting and forecasting solution that integrates financial and operational planning processes and improves business predictability. Oracle Hyperion Planning provides an in-depth look at business operations and its related impact on financials, by tightly integrating financial and operational planning models. With Oracle Hyperion Planning you can meet your immediate financial planning needs while enabling a platform for future cross-functional expansion and automated process integration.
Hyperion Planning Features
Enhanced Performance in Simple Forms
Manage the Application with the Console
Schedule Recurring Jobs
A new Job Scheduler enables administrators to automate many functions. Schedule and manage jobs such as importing and exporting data or metadata, launching a business rule, and refreshing the database. You can start the job immediately or schedule it to run at intervals.
Enhanced Planning Capabilities
Planners can now
- Easily create dashboards in Planning to provide a quick, visual view of key data. Just drag forms, charts, and external links to a dashboard.
- Analyze data in robust ad hoc grids by zooming in and out on members, and pivoting dimensions. Change which members to work with.
- Format and save ad hoc grids as reports for viewing in Planning or in Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting.
- Format forms to emphasize certain data. For example, set the font size and color. Bold, italicize, or underline data. Set the background color. You can save or clear the formatting.
- Visualize tasks by status or by type.
- View planning unit status in a graphic
Support for Dynamic Dimension Members
Users can now add children whenever they want and name them whatever they want. If a parent member is enabled for adding dynamic children, users can create a new member by entering its name in the runtime prompt.
Predictive Planning Enhancements
- The Predictive Planning feature of Planning can now be used with Oracle Hyperion Planning ad hoc grids, reports, Oracle Smart View for Office Smart Queries, and saved ad hoc grids.
- You can now use Quick Predict, an ease-of-use feature that enables you to run and paste predictions with a few mouse clicks or keystrokes.
- Prediction chart enhancements enable you to directly manipulate predicted data series. You can now adjust predictions without retyping predicted values.
- The following new forecasting techniques improve forecast accuracy, particularly at long lead times: Damped Trend Smoothing Nonseasonal, Damped Trend Additive Seasonal, and Damped Trend Multiplicative Seasonal. Each technique includes standard, simple lead, weighted lead, and holdout methods.