Oracle Essbase is an OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) Server that provides an environment for deploying pre-packaged applications or developing custom analytic and enterprise performance management applications. Oracle Essbase enables business users to quickly model complex business scenarios. Aside from its high scalability, a key strength of Oracle Essbase lies in its ability to allow users to “write back” to an application’s data repository under security. This makes it ideal for developing forward looking applications such as forecasting, scenario modelling, and “what if” type analysis.
Organizations define a dimensional view of their business—and provide business users with new levels of self-sufficiency to access, navigate, and gain actionable insight into critical business issues. All of this through the various end-user tools for Oracle Essbase. For example, Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Oracle BI Suite Enterprise Edition Plus, including Dashboards, Answers, Hyperion Interactive Reporting, Hyperion Web Analysis, Hyperion Financial Reporting, are some of the various Oracle tools that enable users to interact with an Oracle Essbase application.
Oracle Essbase provides adaptable data storage mechanisms for specific types of analytic and performance management applications, thereby ensuring sub-second response times regardless of the complexity of the analytics. For example, Block data storage option (BSO) enables driver-based scenario modelling, forecasting, and predictive analytic applications. Aggregate data storage option (ASO) is optimized for massive sparse data sets, supporting thousands of concurrent business users performing sophisticated analyses at the speed of thought.
Hyperion ESSBASE Features
Highly advanced calculation engine
- Includes more than 350 prebuilt, out-of-the-box functions.
- Accelerates complex business model development.
- Requires only a single point of maintenance to manage data and business rules.
Rich user experience
- Brings powerful online analytics processing (OLAP) directly to the business user.
- Gives users an extensive choice of interfaces, including Microsoft Office and Oracle reporting tools.
- Quickly and easily develop and manage analytic applications that can forecast likely business performance levels.
- Perform “what-if” analyses for varying conditions.
Open, scalable, and secure
- Enables detailed analysis of terabytes of data for thousands of simultaneous users, providing up-to-the-minute, dependable information.Please let me know if you have any doubt.